Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Overnighting Above the Tree Line in the Yukon Territory

This is where we will spend the night.







Eric pulls into a turn off about
half a mile from the US/Canada
Border.







Today was a VERY dusty drive.






Walking near the motorhome,
I find tiny flowers.












These petite pink flowers
cling to the very short
greenery.













This dark pink, spiky flower is
the rarest on this mountainside.






There are cairns everywhere.  I'll find a spot and make one too.










My cairn has five stones.











I placed it right in front of
a low growing yew.






Eric adds a rock to the large 
cairn on a nearby ridge.









Our rock is the second
from the top.















I spotted a Fox.








On this entire trip, this is the
first animal I spotted before Eric.






It's midnight & the sun has
yet to set in the west.








We see both ends of
the rainbow.
It's now 12:30 am.






The sun is below the horizon
at 1:14 am.

It's time to go to bed.

No comments: